Saturday, July 12, 2014

Lachlan Winston, my best boy.

It is difficult for me to put into words what exactly makes Lachlan, well Lachlan. He is so charming, energetic, intelligent, and loveable. He may actually be the very best part of me and I am constantly thankful to have him and his little sister as my children - they are so amazing! 


I started this blog a couple months ago to write about my little family and to serve as somewhat of a digital scrapbook of my children. I find myself yearning to keep Lachlan small as I see him growing so quickly. It is incredibly bittersweet for me to see hear the things he knows and to see the things he does. He is growing up so fast...


Lachlan has the sweetest voice when he speaks to his sister. My heart bursts when he says "My baby is sleeping over there. She is so sweeeet!" And when he says, "Ridley is my best girl." He just loves her so much and it is one of his best qualities - he has the biggest heart! 


One hilarious thing about Lachlan is that he does not understand family relationships. For instance, he will call me his brother and he calls his cousins his grandchildren. He even calls Ridley his husband. It makes me laugh and reminds me just how little, at age three, he really is.


Lachlan is a really good story teller. Recently, he has been telling us the story of how the moon was formed. He is actually really accurate and knows the facts, too. He loves to tell the story about how Ridley was born and he will say, "Dr. Wozniak had to catch her when she popped out." He actually never stops talking for more than a couple minutes but his stories are really impressive. He is so incredibly smart! 


Kyle and I have always said how well Lachlan fits our family. He has characteristics from each of us that makes him a perfect little person. Lachlan inspires, loves, and entertains me every single day and I couldn't ask for better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment